What happens if the other person does not abide by a court order?

If one of the parties fails or refuses to abide by a divorce decree, custody order, or support order, the other party can petition the court to enforce the order. Attempting to resolve violations privately, such as by withholding visitation for support payments or similar tactics, is not permitted under Georgia law. Agreements between the parties to modify the terms of an order are also not enforceable, unless the court modifies the order to include them.